If you are looking to buy an existing hotel property, to build a new ground-up, to refinance a maturing loan for better terms, or to fund a renovation, we provide hotel financing to owners and developers for full service hotels for every major chain (in addition to boutique and independent hotels). We offer immediate access to industry experts who can get your loan closed quickly.
Edward Voccola & Co. LLC has long-lasting lending relationships with its network of correspondent hotel lenders that is comprised of life insurance companies, banks, agencies, and conduits. Our lenders provide us limitless capital sources using debt & equity that enables us to provide our clients with a broad range of highly competitive hospitality financing options and loan products.
- Loan amount up to $100 million
- High loan-to-cost (up to 75%) which include hard & soft costs, FF&E, ‘PIPs’, and closing costs
- Interest Rates as low as 4%
- Franchised hotels or upscale independent/boutique properties
- Non-Recourse, limited-full performance based burn off
- Experts who can get your hotel loan closed in a simple, efficient, and quick manner
New construction loans are currently available for franchisor and/or municipality. These loans are generally short term (3-5 years) with the first two years interest only. After the term expires, owners typically refinance and obtain traditional financing at a lower rate and 25 year amortization.
Edward Voccola & Co. LLC is able to thoroughly structure a capex loan to meet the franchise’s specific needs and the requirements of their senior mortgage through several loan and lease options.
Capex financing can provide up to 20% of the total project costs for a new construction project. This allows the developer to more easily secure construction financing as this lowers the overall risk to a potential construction lender.
We provide Capex/FF&E financing for:
- Hotel Renovations
- Property Improvement Plans (‘PIPs’)
- Brand Conversions
- Furniture, Fixture, and Equipment (FF&E) carve out for new construction
These loans typically range from $200,000 to $10 million and are amortized over the useful life of the improvements (usually 3-10 years). We can close a loan in two days.
SBA Hotel Loans – Refinance, Purchase, Construction, and Renovation
- Construction financing is available for qualified borowers, especially in area with a growing economy
- The 7A and 504 programs can accommodate loans up to $15 million
- Independent hotels & motels are financeable
- Flagged properties are slightly easier to finance in the current market, but there are options for independents
- 15% down is possible for experienced hotel owners, otherwise 20% is the norm
- PIPs and renovations are eligible to be financed
- FF&E can be financed
Bridge and Hard Money Financing
We offer hospitality bridge and hard money financing on a short term basis up to $10 million or 70% of stabilized value for:
- Discounted Purchase Options (DPO)
- Note Purchase
These loans can be closed in as little as two weeks, allowing a buyer to quickly acquire, renovate, and stabilize the property until permanent financing can be sourced. Whether it’s buying properties or financing current debt, a hotel owner can be confident in Edward Voccola & Co. LLC’s ability to move expeditiously, enabling them to close quickly on the transaction and have the capital necessary to complete the renovation on a brand conversion.